Thank you for your interest. We're LOOKING FOR MUSICAL ACTS interested in playing in this unique atmosphere. Performances that will entertain, inspire and attract new and old faces to come inside. The following will hopefully answer most of your questions.
ORIGINAL MUSIC ONLY
No cover songs. No traditional songs. No Public Domain. Your Original Works Only.
If you didn't Write or Create the piece of music please don't include it in your set.
STYLES OF MUSIC
Acoustic Folk, Americana, Indie, Emo, Pop, Rock and Country mostly fill our line up with the occasional Jazz, World or Electronic music performance.
SOLO, DUOS or BANDS
This is a small intimate, all ages, listening room inside a coffee house. We have tenants above us. We cater to bands that can adjust their volume and fit their sound into the dimensions of our space.
It’s important to know what works here, and more important to know what doesn’t work. We’re not trying to turn this into a rock club or something else that it's not. We like all genres of music, though through experience we’ve learned that the louder genres Punk, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal DO NOT fit on our stage.
This is an intimate atmosphere...
If you feel the need to play with ear protection then obviously you're much, much too loud for our room.
- VOLUME IS IMPORTANT!
- Stage Space is Limited. 9' x 13'
- Bands must "Fit Into Room"
- Using smaller, even practice sized, amplifiers is suggested for this venue.
- NO Full or Half Stack Amps, please.
- Must Control Volume in their play.
- Suggest using brushes, bundle sticks, muting gels and simplified drum set up.
- Rack Toms May Not be Necessary.
- No Double Bass Drums, please. (seriously)
- No Excessive Cymbals, please. (Hi Hat and Ride Cymbal Only)
PLAY FOR THE JOY
We compensate musicians by giving 1 free drink per band member.
We encourage you bring merchandise to sell and we'll pass a hat to rally donations.
TIME / PLACE
All performances will be scheduled:
SATURDAY evenings 8-11p.m. or 9pm-11pm
We schedule 2-4 performers on each show, at our own discretion.
If you have a line-up in mind; feel free to present us with the details at the time of booking.
Sound System and Sound Guy
- 6 Channel Yamaha P.A. (4 mic inputs + 2 ¼” inputs)
- 3 Microphones \ Stands
- 1 D.I. Box (2channel w/Phantom Power)
- Please bring all other needs.
- Phantom power is available.
DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN SOUND?
If you would like to haul your own P.A. and Sound Equipment... that can be arranged. Please discuss this at the time of booking.
LOAD IN / SOUND CHECK /LOAD OUT
- Load In /Set up & Sound Check /8pm Show Start = 7:20- 7:50pm Load In
- Load Out/ all equipment must be loaded out of cafe no later then 11:20pm
- Keep room audience friendly...
i.e. don't consume all tables & walkways with equipment/cases, etc.
TO BOOK A SHOW HERE
Our Music & Art Director Steve Pascoe will need to hear a recording, or see video of you performing before we can consider scheduling you on a weekend.
To contact Steve directly about booking please submit the form below.
Music Booking Form
But we also accept hard copy press packs as well.
Submit C.D. w/Package in person or mail to:
PLYMOUTH COFFEE BEAN CO.
Attention: MUSIC BOOKING
884 Penniman Ave, Plymouth MI 48170
All performers booked, agree to:
Promote.... Promote.... Promote!!!
2 weeks before event
Design, print and distribute a poster for your event.
Please remember to include
WHO, WHAT, WHEN and WHERE + a brief description of your music.
Post hardcopies in house and around town.
Paste J-peg of Poster Online
Contact LOCAL RADIO such as
88.1 FM WSDP (Plymouth Canton)
By Mail: WSDP 46181 Joy Rd Canton, MI 48187